Spiti Valley Tour
& Spiti are among the most spectacular and sparsely populated regions
on Earth. Crossing the Rohtang La from Manali, they are the most desolate
northern and eastern tracts of Himachal Pradesh. The districts are host to the
famous Chandra and Bhaga valleys. Over the Kunzum La (4590M) you pass into the
rain shadow of the Great Himalayan Range arriving into Spiti, showcasing
snow-topped mountains, a high-altitude desert, punctuated by tiny
patches of greenery and villages of whitewashed houses clinging to the sides of
rivers and meltwater streams.
Taal commonly referred to as the â€œMoon Lakeâ€; is a high altitude lake at an
altitude of 4,300 meters, the source of Chandra River. Its name â€œChandraâ€ is
believed to be derived from its moon-like shape. Sitting in between high rising
snowcapped peaks, this place is heaven for anyone who has even the slightest of
interest in photography or nature. During the night, the sky lights up with
countless stars and is perfect for some excellent night captures.
to Visit Lahaul Spiti Valley
The best time to visit Spiti, Lahaul & Kinnaur Valleys is between mid-May to September. These months the temperature here is around 0 to 15 Â° C. Snow leopard expeditions are popular during these months. Know the best time to visit Spiti and during which months as below.
Over Kunzum La Pass
Mid May to September End - The Kunzum Pass opens from the end of June to the end of September. Between July and October, the Kunjum Pass temperature ranges from 1Â° Celsius to 10Â° Celsius. These months are the best time to visit Spiti & Kinnaur Valleys. The weather is clear these days. The day temperature drops to around 25Â° C during the day and at nights it is chilly around 0Â° C. Some of the activities here in this season are very popular trekking, camping, mountain biking, and hiking, you can also enjoy them.
One cannot access the Spiti Valley from Mid October to mid-June as the passes are blocked with snow. Spiti & Kinnaur Valley can be accessed from Shimla side throughout the year though.
Over Rohtang Pass to Lahaul Valley
Mid May to September End: The Rohtang Pass opens from May to the end of September. The temperature ranges from 5Â° Celsius to 15Â° Celsius. These months are the best time to visit Lahaul Valley. The weather is clear these days. The day temperature is around 25Â° C during day and at nights it is chilly around 0Â° C. Some of the activities here in this season are very popular trekking, camping, mountain climbing, biking and hiking.
- The spectacular landscape of the Spiti
- Kye Monastery, the center of learning in Spiti Valley
- Visit Kibber, home to the rarest Snow Leopard and Siberian Ibex
- Visit Dhankar Monastery, the seat of the Spitian King in the ancient times
- The spectacular confluence of Pin and Spiti river
- Paintings and murals of the 1000 years old Tabo monastery, known as the
â€œAjanta of the Himalayasâ€
- Langza villages, home to beautiful fossils
- the worldâ€™s highest post office in Hikkim
- Komic village, one of the highest motorable village in the world
- Experience a night in a homestay with a local Spiti family
- Camping at breathtaking Chandrataal
- Nomadic village Chumik Gyarsa trekking experience with 108 naturals
- Camping experience